Everything for Your Home's
Beauty, Comfort & Convenience
704 Jamestown St, Columbia
Dr. Ronald P. Rogers
Support for your body's natural healing capabilities
Click here for details
Duo County Telecom
Now Available Through
Your Cable Service!
What's Going On
see ColumbiaMagazine'sEvents List
Columbia Gas Dept.
GAS LEAK or GAS SMELL
24 hrs/ 365 days
270-384-2006 or 9-1-1
Call before you dig
Daily News for
Friday, September 13, 2013
(Ad) Farmer's Market on the Square, Sat., Sept 14, 2013
The Farmer's Market on the Square, open 8am-12pm noon CT, Saturday, September 14, 2013, at the Adair Annex Parking Lot, 424 Public Square, Columbia, KY
By Barbara Armitage
Farmers Market on the Square Coordinator
Here's some of what you can expect at the Farmer's Market on the Square for Saturday, September 14, 2013:
For more information on how to be a part of this exciting new market contact Barbara Armitage at 270-250-2979. The Farmer's Market is open Saturday 8am-12noon CT. We're on the way to everywhere - stop by and visit with us soon. - Barbara Armitage
2013-09-13 20:00:08 | Comments | Printable version
- Barbara Armitage of Tucker's Station Farms 270-250-2979 - To all my "southern" friends the Purple Hull Peas are back! Lots of green beans - Jade, Tenderette, and Roma's, Japanese cucumbers, Summer Squash, Zucchini, Caprese tomatoes, fresh Garlic, green, red, orange, yellow and purple peppers, jalapeno and HOT HOT HOT habanero peppers. Fresh baked artisan Breads and more. Join us for a sample of Cinnamon Swirl Bread for Breakfast!
- Terry Huff of Heavenly Homestead Cheese 270-250-2979 - Hand crafted whole milk natural cheeses. This week's cheeses are Cheddar, Colby, Smoke House, Monterey Jack, and Garlic and Herb, Pepper Jack, Tomato Basil, Havarti, NEW PARMESAN. Sampling this week Havarti, Pepper Jack and Monterey Jack.
- Darrell Bunnell of Coview Farm 270-384-5412 - Vine ripe tomatoes, green onions, cucumbers, green beans, new potatoes, fresh cut herbs and more.
- Caitlin Helm of Lonely Acre Farm 270-634-8207 - Fresh baked white and wheat bread, delicious sweet breads, Amish Friendship Bread and Orange Juice Pound Cake. Stop in for a free sample.
- John England of Outback Farm 270-217-8250 - Natural pasture raised gourmet pork. Large Black Heritage Hogs. Select cuts, vacuum sealed.
- Jason Ramos 270-250-3711 - Pasture raised Cornish Cross Chicken
- Donna Jones of Jones Honey 270-634-2125 - Kentucky Honey now with Honey Combs.
- Jana Esch of Just Natural Products 270-378-1375 - All natural hand crafted skin care products and soaps. Beeswax candles, room scents and natural household cleaners
- Jay Cox - Serving Country Ham Sandwiches in time for breakfast and grilling Tenderloins in time for lunch. There will also be pulled pork and a little shoulder too. He'll have chips, cold drinks and more.
- Moon Acres Farm - Cooking up delicious homemade chili and hot dogs. Add chips and a drink for a great FM2 lunch.
|<-Previous Photo||Photo 1 of 17||Next Photo->|
|Downtown People: Driving new covered wagon |
2013-09-13 - 212 Public Square, Columbia, KY - Photo by Ed Waggener. Adrianna Rhoads was the driver of the new "covered wagon" the family got today for Aiden, 4, who's enjoying a spin around the Square. The children are with their mother, Melinda Rhoads, who said that the Square is one of their favorite places for outings. They live just a few blocks away. "When we have more time," Melinda Rhoads said, "We like to go over to the Columbia Cemetery and visit Mamaw." Mamaw was one of the most beloved Columbians ever, the late Sylvia Wilson, the "flower lady," at the Circle R, who had fame over several states for the huge corsages she wear while working at the restaurant. Coincidentally, two others out for a stroll, Delwin Blair and Ginger Swift, said that Downtown is one of their favorite exercise centers, and they said, they too, like to Cemetery as a walking course.
Permalink | Comments?