Everything for Your Home's
Beauty, Comfort & Convenience 384-2123
704 Jamestown St, Columbia
Dr. Ronald P. Rogers
Support for your body's natural healing capabilities
Click here for details
Click here for information
Real Estate & Auction Co.
Duo County Telecom
Now Available Through
Your Cable Service!
GUN & PAWN
What's Going On
Info about the
Janice Holt Giles
and Henry Giles Society
Columbia Gas Dept.
GAS LEAK or GAS SMELL
24 hrs/ 365 days
270-384-2006 or 9-1-1
Call before you dig
Directory of Churches
phone numbers and more
for churches in Adair County
Find Great Stuff in
Antiques, Help Wanted,
Autos, Real Estate,
Legal Notices, More...
Mike Watson has busy year publishing
There seems to be a resurgence in interest in hard copies, printed material one can touch and feel, especially in Adair County, most recently evidenced by the strong turnout for the Adair Heritage Association's Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe, during Christmas in Columbia, Sat 6 Dec 2014.
Mike Watson gave a brief update of his year, which saw the publication of six new titles. The first six were published in 2014
- Looking Back, volume 3 Abstracts of the Adair County News, 1902, which include historical, genealogical, and general interest items.
- Abstracts of same, 1905... (above)
- Adair County Black Marriage Records up to 1900, including one marriage declaration dating back to 1815!
- Veterans of the 125th U.S. Colored Infantry, Civil War, who were from Adair County.
- Knifley News and Notes, 1897-1905, which was created for the celebration of Knifley in September.
- Forty seven other titles are still in print, including these popular ones:
- An Adair County History, volume 1
- Adair County 1890 Veterans Census, annotated
- Robbery of the Bank of Columbia, 1872, from the hand of Judge H.C. Baker, by Jim
- Farmers Bank of Cane Valley, by Cyrus
- Rev. Z.T. Williams' Trip to the Holy Land, 1900, by Cyrus
- P.O.W.s: Prisoner's of War from Adair County in World War II, Straight from Gradyville, by Cyrus
- L.R. Chelf Store Accounts, extracts
- From Hope to Hilltop: The Establishment of the Lindsey Wilson Training School, late 1899 to early 1904, by Jim
- Looking Back, volumes 1 and 2 in limited supplies
- Marriages, Deaths, Births of Adair County in various formats...
Many of his titles are available in the Genealogy Room, Adair County Public Library, 307 Greensburg Street, Columbia, KY.
Mike Watson & Renea Watson's Watson Publications, 202 Moreland Avenue, Harrodsburg, KY 40330-1836. Phone 502-545-0525. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This story was posted on 2014-12-13 08:19:24
Printable: this page is now automatically formatted for printing.
Have comments or corrections for this story? Use our contact form and let us know.
To sponsor news and features on ColumbiaMagazine, please use our contact form.
More articles from topic Books:
Tom Chaney: Elvis: A Tragic Life
Tom Chaney: Carl Hiaasen Strikes Again
SCC student publishes 1st book; being turned into screenplay
Great list of local authors to be at 3rd Annual Adair Co. Book Fair, 11 Oct 2014
Review: The Never Ending Mile/Life & times of Winn Hensley
Mike Newton reviews book: Call Sign Dracula
Book club at AC Library discussing: Mudbound, by Hillary Jordan
Janice Holt Giles to be inducted into Authors Hall of Fame today
Have You Finished it Yet Book Club meets today
Doug Mosley book signing December 19, 2013, at ACPL
View even more articles in topic Books
Bank of Columbia
If You're Thinking of Selling,
Let Us Do the Yelling
Principal Broker & Auctioneer
Burton Real Estate
& Auction Service
Call Us For Appraisals
Click for Listings
On This Site
or Click Here
The Best of
Local Stories of
The Greatest Generation
Order Book or e-Book
See who's celebrating
Birthdays and Anniversaries
Special Events List
ColumbiaMagazine.com content is available as an RSS/XML feed for your RSS reader or other news aggregator.
Contact us: Columbia Magazine and columbiamagazine.com are published by D'Zine, Ltd., PO Box 906, Columbia, KY 42728.