Everything for Your Home's
Beauty, Comfort & Convenience
704 Jamestown St, Columbia
Dr. Ronald P. Rogers
Support for your body's natural healing capabilities
Click here for details
Duo County Telecom
Now Available Through
Your Cable Service!
What's Going On
see ColumbiaMagazine'sEvents List
Columbia Gas Dept.
GAS LEAK or GAS SMELL
24 hrs/ 365 days
270-384-2006 or 9-1-1
Call before you dig
Directory of Churches
phone numbers and more
for churches in Adair County
Farmers Mkt on the Square: Know Before You Go, Aug. 30, 2014
The Farmers Market on the Square is open Saturdays through October 25, 2014, from 8am-1pmCT and Tuesdays 4:30pm-7pmCT, September 2 through October 25, 2014, at the Adair Annex Parking Lot, 424 Public Square, Columbia, KY.
Click on headline for Know Before You Go + Photo(s)
By BARBARA ARMITAGE, FM2 Market Coordinator
& Ed Waggener, CM; Debbie Burris, Jeff Scott, Lisa Blackaby, Donna Jones, Jana Esch, Jeff Scott, Caitlin Helm, Darrell Bunnell and other contributors
ColumbiaMagazine.com (c) report
Here's the line up for today's FM2. It looks like a great market! When our vendors aren't busy with customers, ask about combinations and food combinations. Today Wayne Armitage, cheesemaster for Terry Huff, can talk with you about two wonderful cheeses which are excellent with apples from Jeff Scott, for instance. And Jay Cox is again using products bought at FM2 for his fantastic loaded potatoes, as he did earlier with Eddie Compton's sweet corn which he served straight from the field to the market to Jay's Grill. And Donna Jones gave us that very simple okra sauteed in olive oil with a little salt recipe. Just ask, vendors are happy to share.
There's lots more, just haven't yet gotten their lists and/or confirmed they're here.
This story was posted on 2014-08-30 06:26:51
- Danny and Debbie Burris of D&D Longview Angus 270-250-3701 - - Mini-Tomatoes, Red & Orange. Tomatoes, regular slicing: Red, Pink, and Yellow. Canning Tomatoes. Brown Stick Beans. Okra. Eggplant. Peppers. And a few Cucumbers, so come early. - Debbie Burris
- Barbara Armitage of Tucker's Station Farms 270-250-2979 - New this week! Jewish Apple Cake. Carrot Cake, Summer Harvest Cake, Chocolate Zucchini Cake. Sweet Onion Bread and other Fresh baked artesian Breads. Homemade Blackberry Jams and Salsa's. Purple Hull Peas, Caprese Tomatoes, Roma II Green Beans, sweet Banana Peppers, Chili Peppers, Jalapeno Peppers. We are always sampling! - Barbara Armitage
- Terry Huff of Heavenly Homestead Cheese 270-250-2979 - > Hand crafted whole milk natural cheeses. Cheddar, Smokehouse Cheddar, Parmesan, Colby, Monterey Jack, Garlic and Herb, Tomato Basil, Gouda, Smoked Gouda, Havarti, Pepper Jack. Wayne Armitage, fromagier, cheesemaster.
- Jeff Scott of Scott's Highland Orchards, Antioch, KY - . I have Enterprise Apples + Cortlands. + Melrose. Enterprise is a slightly tart apple. A great cooking apple, (which Barbara Armitage will vouch for; she's a top Adair County Cook. I'm not. And market spies tell me Barbara has used Enterprise in her new Jewish Wedding Cake.) Melrose is a large apple. Wonderful to eat. and Cortlands are wonderful white fleshed Apples, great in salads, good cooking apple too. (Happy to say that Highland's Exclusively named "Ed Waggener" apples are almost at the Peak of Perfect Perfection and will be at an FM2 near you, soon) - Jeff Scott
- Lisa and Jason Blackaby of Blackaby Hill Farm 270-535-5396 Blackaby Hill Farm will have Chicken today whole, Split Halves, and Cut Ups, wonderful free range Chicken Eggs and a nice selection of Pork. - Lisa
- Donna Jones of Big Black Dog Farm 270-634-2125 The Big Black Dog Farm has lots of Tomatoes, Okra and Eggplant. Have lots of new blankets for the newborn baby as well as quilts and bibs. As always will have Kentucky Honey in many sizes. - Donna
- Caitlin Helm of Lonely Acre Farm 270-378-0576 - Honey Wheat Bread. Cranberry Carrot Cake. Zucchini Bread. Eggplant & Artichoke Bread Dried Tomato & Basil Focaccia. Lemon Bread. Orange Juice Bread. Sourdough Bread. Friendship Bread. Parsley. Sage. Purple Basil. Patty Pan Squash. Eight Ball Zucchini. and Derby Green Beans. - Caitlin Helm
- Darrell Bunnell of Coview Farm 270-384-5412 - Red and Green Bell Peppers. Yellow Squash. Red Tomatoes. Yellow Tomatoes. Purple Tomatoes. Cherry Tomatoes. Jalapeno Peppers. Hot Banana Peppers. Okra. Cucumbers. White Potatoes. Purple Eggplant. White Eggplant. - Darrell Bunnell
- Jana Esch of Just Natural Products 270-378-1375 - Sugar Scrub Soap, Essential oils, Lye Soap, glycerin soap, Room Scents, Hair Soap, Pet Soap, Varmit Soap, Laundry Soap, Natural All-purpose Cleaner, Beeswax Melts. - Jana
- Tonya Gosser, who will be providing Gospel Music starting at 11amCT this morning, will have CDs of some of her original songs fo sale.
- Jay Cox of A&J BBQ 270-634-1627 - Today, confirmed here. He has New!!! Loaded Baked Potato, using Darrell Bunnell Coview Farms baking potatoes, and his own Pulled Pork, also available, of course, as a sandwich.
this page is now automatically formatted for printing.
Have comments or corrections for this story?
Use our contact form
and let us know.
To sponsor news and features on ColumbiaMagazine, please use our contact form.
Tonya Gosser will share original songs at FM2|
2014-08-30 - Farmers Market on the Square, 424 Public Square, Columbia, KY - Photo submitted by Jana Esch. Tonya Gosser will perform her original Gospel Music at Farmers Market on the Square, Adair Annex Parking Lot, 424 Public Square, Columbia, KY, this Labor Day Weekend morning, Saturday, August 30, 2014, at 11amCT. The Farmers Market on the Square opens at 8amCT and continues through 1pmCT each Saturday through October 25, 2014, and now, starting Tuesday, September 2, 2014, with an additional session on Tuesday afternoons, from 4:30pm-7:30pmCT.
Read More... | Comments? | Click here to share, print, or bookmark this photo.