Everything for Your Home's
Beauty, Comfort & Convenience
704 Jamestown St, Columbia
Dr. Ronald P. Rogers
Support for your body's natural healing capabilities
Click here for details
Duo County Telecom
Now Available Through
Your Cable Service!
What's Going On
see ColumbiaMagazine'sEvents List
Columbia Gas Dept.
GAS LEAK or GAS SMELL
24 hrs/ 365 days
270-384-2006 or 9-1-1
Call before you dig
Directory of Churches
phone numbers and more
for churches in Adair County
Farmer's Mkt on the Square: Know Before You Go, Aug. 16, 2014
OPEN TODAY! Saturday, August 16, 2014. The Farmer's Market on the Square is open every Saturday from 8am-1pmCT, at the Adair Annex Parking Lot, 424 Public Square, Columbia, KY
News compiled by Ed Waggener
for ColumbiaMagazine.com(c) from submissions
Today's a good time to try out the new benches at the Courthouse Annex, have a Picnic on the Square - in our hospitality tent or at the snazzy new Picnic Tables by the Fountain, and take a two-tenths of a mile Walk Around the Square (5 turns on the sidewalk and you've walked a mile). You'll see things and reflections of things you've never seen before, everytime you revisit.
Here's the line up for Farmers Market on the Square, for Saturday, August 16, 2014, posted as ColumbiaMagazine.com receives listings from the vendors for this news story.
And we expect these vendors, as well, and well, but haven't yet heard what they will have especially for today:
- Susan Pennington of Smith Creek Cabin 270-932-4309Bluegrass Bug Bomb - All natural. Keeps the bugs of ya. We have Summer Squash Relish today. And our full line of Soap.
Alicia & Cosmo Bosela, Columbia, KY - My son Cosmo will bring Melons & Squash, and I will have: Celandine Poppy, Purple Coneflower, Liatris, Spiderwort, Blue Star, Hibiscus, Coreopsis. Butterfly Weed.
- Lisa and Jason Blackaby of Blackaby Hill Farm - 270-535-5396 - Blackaby Hill Farm will have Breakfast Sausage Links, Jowl Bacon, Pork Roast, Whole Chicken, 1/2 Doz Duck Eggs, and Chicken Eggs. Custom Burlap Shopping Bags And Potted Aloe Vera Plants In Custom Painted Pots. - Lisa Blackaby
- Danny and Debbie Burris of D&D Longview Angus 270-250-3701 - Tomatoes (Red, Pink, and Yellow), Mini Tomatoes (Red and Orange), Green Beans (Brown Stick, Missouri Wonder Pole, and Half Runners), Pickling Cucumbers, Okra, Yellow Squash, Zuchinni, Egg Plant, Peppers ( Green, Banana, Chillie, Yellow, and Red), Pimento Peppers, And Cantaloupe. Hope to see you here! Debbie and Danny
- Jana Esch of Just Natural Products 270-378-1375 - CLEARANCE of a variety of Soaps & Room Scents due to package changes or bad cuts, etc. Sugar Scrub Soap, essential oils, lye soap, glycerin soap, Room Scents, Hair Soap, Pet Soap, Varmit Soap, Laundry Soap, Natural All-purpose Cleaner, beeswax melts.
- Darrell Bunnell of Coview Farm 270-384-5412 - Darrell Bunnell. Yellow squash. Cucumbers. Potatoes. Peppers. Hot peppers. Dried black beans. Corn. Tomatoes. Onions.
- Caitlin Helm of Lonely Acre Farm 270-378-0576 - Honey wheat bread. Friendship bread. Lemon bread. Orange juice bread. Sourdough bread. Blueberry muffins. Banana bread. Cranberry carrot cake. Zucchini bread. Dried tomato & basil Focaccia. New this week! Eggplant & artichoke bread. With samples. Purple basil. Oregano. Spicy basil. Garlic chives. Parsley. Sage. Stevia. - Caitlin Helm
- Barbara Armitage of Tucker’s Station Farms 270-250-2979 - New this week - Ugly Raisin Bread. Carrot Cake, Summer Harvest Cake, Chocolate Zucchini Cake. Sweet Onion Bread and other Fresh baked artesian Breads. Homemade Blackberry Jams and Salsa’s. Purple Hull Peas, Tomatoes, Jade Green Beans, Cucumbers, English (Burpless) Cucumbers, sweet Banana Peppers, Chili Peppers, Jalapeño Peppers. We are always sampling! - Barbara Armitage
- Terry Huff of Heavenly Homestead Cheese 270-250-2979 - Hand crafted whole milk natural cheeses. Cheddar, Smokehouse Cheddar, Parmesan, Colby, Monterey Jack, Garlic and Herb, Tomato Basil, Gouda, Smoked Gouda, Havarti, Pepper Jack.
- Donna Jones of Big Black Dog Farm 270-634-2125 - Tomatoes. Okra. Eggplant. Pepper and Melons - and All Sizes Of Kentucky Honey, New Quilts.
The Farmer's Market on the Square brings you only the best Kentucky farmers, gardeners, crafters, artisans and musicians have to offer. For information on becoming a Farmer's Market on the Square vendor contact Barbara Armitage, Market Coordinator, at 270-250-2979 or Tuckers.Sation@gmail.com For information on being a Friends of the Farmer’s Market volunteer contact Beth Rutherford at 270-384-1202 or email@example.com. If you would like to be highlighted as a featured entertainer on a future Saturday, please contact Jana Esch, Entertainment Coordinator, Farmers Market on the Square. Phone 270-378-1375 We’re on the way to everywhere – stop by and visit with us soon.
This story was posted on 2014-08-16 06:07:18
- Diane West of WestWay Designs.
- Melinda Vetter of Misty Hills Soap Company 270-864-2892 -
- Sharlene Rader and Alena Krutska of Holiday Farms 270-932-7148 -
- Jay Cox of A&J BBQ 270-634-1627
this page is now automatically formatted for printing.
Have comments or corrections for this story?
Use our contact form
and let us know.
To sponsor news and features on ColumbiaMagazine, please use our contact form.