Everything for Your Home's
Beauty, Comfort & Convenience
704 Jamestown St, Columbia
Dr. Ronald P. Rogers
Support for your body's natural healing capabilities
Click here for details
Duo County Telecom
Now Available Through
Your Cable Service!
What's Going On
see ColumbiaMagazine'sEvents List
Columbia Gas Dept.
GAS LEAK or GAS SMELL
24 hrs/ 365 days
270-384-2006 or 9-1-1
Call before you dig
Directory of Churches
phone numbers and more
for churches in Adair County
Get weather alerts for Adair County
Provided by the Adair Co Fiscal Court and the Adair Co. Emergency Mgt. Agency
Find Great Stuff in
Antiques, Help Wanted,
Autos, Real Estate,
Legal Notices, More...
Farmer's Mkt on the Square: Know Before You Go, Aug. 9, 2014
OPEN TODAY! Saturday, August 9, 2014. The Farmer's Market on the Square is open every Saturday from 8am-1pmCT, at the Adair Annex Parking Lot, 424 Public Square, Columbia, KY
News compiled by Ed Waggener
for ColumbiaMagazine.com(c) from submissions
This week crops are really coming in. Here's the Know Before You Go List, with those the inventories for those who have reported to CM posted on the front page. Remember, this is a Farmers Market. So come in early. The vendors sometimes have limited supplies and not all items will be available later in the day - after all, their aim is to sell out as soon as possible. When there is threatening weather, vendors make sensible decisions on whether to stay or not.
The following vendors have indicated they will be at the Saturday, August 9, 2014 FM2. Their inventories will be listed above, as received this morning:
- Danny and Debbie Burris of D&D Longview Angus 270-250-3701 - We will have the following: Green Beans (Half Runners, Brown Stick Beans, and Missouri Wonder Pole), Tomatoes (Red, Pink, Yellow, And Green), Mini Tomatoes (Red, Orange, And Yellow), Green Peppers, Banana Peppers, Yellow Squash, Zucchini, Pickling Cucumbers, And Cantaloupe. Hope to see you here! Debbie and Danny
- Barbara Armitage of Tucker’s Station Farms 270-250-2979 - Carrot Cake, Summer Harvest Cake, Chocolate Zucchini Cake. Sweet Onion Bread and other Fresh baked artisan Breads. Homemade Blackberry Jams and Salsas. Purple Hull Peas, Tomatoes, Jade Green Beans, Cucumbers, English (Burpless) Cucumbers, Sweet Banana Peppers, Chili Peppers, Jalapeno Peppers. We are always sampling! - Barbara Armitage
- Terry Huff of Heavenly Homestead Cheese 270-250-2979 - Hand crafted whole milk natural cheeses. Cheddar, Smokehouse Cheddar, Parmesan, Colby, Monterey Jack, Garlic and Herb, Tomato Basil, Gouda, Smoked Gouda, Havarti, Pepper Jack.
- Donna Jones of Big Black Dog Farm 270-634-2125 Big Black Dog Farm will have lots of tomatoes great for canning; okra eggplant cucumbers sweet and hot banana peppers and cantalope.Have some new quilts and as also different sizes of Kentucky Honey. - Donna Jones
- Lisa and Jason Blackaby of Blackaby Hill Farm 270-535-5396 - Blackaby Hill Farm will have 1/2 dozen duck eggs this morning; better hurry they won't be around for long. Red Wattle Pork Boston Butt Roasts and Mexican Chirizo Sausage, and Pasture Raised Whole Chickens.
- Caitlin Helm of Lonely Acre Farm 270-378-0576 - Friendship Bread. Orange Juice Bread. Summer Squash Bread. Lemon Bread. Banana Bread. Sourdough Bread. Cranberry Carrot Cake. Blueberry Muffins. Dried Tomato on Basil Focacia. Purple Basil, Spicy Basil, Sage, Oregano, Parsley. Caitlin Helm
- Darrell Bunnell of Coview Farm 270-384-5412 Peaches & Cream Sweet Corn. Green Bell Peppers. Slicing Cucumbers. Yellow Squash. Roma Tomatoes. Green Tomatoes for Fried Green Tomatoes. Red Slicing Tomatoes. Yellow Tomatoes. Mister Stripey Tomatoes. Yellow Sweet Onions. White Onions. Okra. Sweet Banana Peppers. Jalapeno Peppers. Hot Banana Peppers. Basil. Red Potatoes. White Potatoes. Eggplant. Crimson Sweet Watermelons.
- Mike and Renea Watson of Watson Publications, 202 Moreland Avenue, Harrodsburg, KY 40330-1836. Phone 502-545-0525. email: email@example.com - Here with his latest books: 1) THE ADAIR COUNTY NEWS, 1902, Abstracts of Historical, Genealogical and General Interest. Contains notices of births, deaths, marriages, businesses, incidents, etc. 73 pages plus introduction and index. $20.00. And 2) THE ADAIR COUNTY NEWS, 1905, Abstracts of Historical, Genealogical and General Interest. Contains notices of births, deaths, marriages, businesses, incidents, etc. 110 pages plus introduction and index. $20.00.Plus, one each of practically all his extensive listings.
- Sandy Everts of S.T.E. Designs - 270-404-1793 - New bracelets, necklaces and headbands this week. I have the Farmer's Market theme colors in necklaces and bracelets this week. - Sandy Everts
- Chris Anderson, Sweet Bee, from the every edge of Taylor County - 270-634-1544Chris Anderson will be at the market selling Mayfield ice cream making him available to sing some folk tunes. He's determined that he can get some licks in between the rain drops sometime in the market hours of 8amCT and 1pmCT at the Saturday, August 9, 2014, FM2.
- Jay Cox of A&J BBQ 270-634-1627 - Country Ham Sandwiches and BBQ Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches. - Maybe Pork Shoulder. - Jason Cox
- Jeff Scott of Scott's Orchards, Antioch, KY Lots of Galas, Sweet Eating and Cooking Apple. and Ginger Golds.Firm, spicy apple which eats good and it makes a great cooking apple. Fry some and make a big batch of hot biscuit and country ham and it'll make a fat boy grin from ear to ear! Come on down early, the market is already getting busy with lots of people! Jeff Scott
This story was posted on 2014-08-09 04:30:51
- Sweets and Eats - 270-634-2481 - - Sondra Keltner
- Rhonda Parker of Jenny Creek, Summersville, Green County, KY 270-403-4479 -
- Melinda Vetter of Misty Hills Soap Company 270-864-2892 -
- Sharlene Rader of Holiday Farms 270-932-7148
- Diane West of WestWay Designs
The Farmer's Market on the Square brings you only the best Kentucky farmers, gardeners, crafters, artisans and musicians have to offer. For information on becoming a Farmer's Market on the Square vendor contact Barbara Armitage, Market Coordinator, at 270-250-2979 or Tuckers.Sation@gmail.com For information on being a Friends of the Farmer’s Market volunteer contact Beth Rutherford at 270-384-1202 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to be highlighted as a featured entertainer on a future Saturday, please contact Jana Esch, Entertainment Coordinator, Farmers Market on the Square. Phone 270-378-1375 We’re on the way to everywhere – stop by and visit with us soon.
this page is now automatically formatted for printing.
Have comments or corrections for this story?
Use our contact form
and let us know.
To sponsor news and features on ColumbiaMagazine, please use our contact form.
Special greeters at FM2, Saturday, August 9, 2014|
2014-08-06 - Adair Annex Parking Lot, 424 Public Square, Columbia, KY - Photo by Sandy Evert. These adorable planters will greet visitors at the Farmers Market on the Square on Saturday, August 9, 2014. They will be at Sandra Evert's S.T.E. Designs booth, until someone purchases them. They will be for sale. The Farmers Market on the Square, one of only 48 food locations in Kentucky highlight in the Kentucky Department of Agriculture's Bon Apetit Appalachia will be open 8am-1pmCT, Saturday, August 9, 2014 and every Saturday until the last Saturday in October, 2014. This Saturday is FM2's special National Farmers Market Week celebration market.
Read More... | Comments? | Click here to share, print, or bookmark this photo.