Everything for Your Home's
Beauty, Comfort & Convenience 384-2123
704 Jamestown St, Columbia
Dr. Ronald P. Rogers
Support for your body's natural healing capabilities
Click here for details
Click here for information
Real Estate & Auction Co.
Duo County Telecom
Now Available Through
Your Cable Service!
GUN & PAWN
What's Going On
Info about the
Janice Holt Giles
and Henry Giles Society
Columbia Gas Dept.
GAS LEAK or GAS SMELL
24 hrs/ 365 days
270-384-2006 or 9-1-1
Call before you dig
Directory of Churches
phone numbers and more
for churches in Adair County
Find Great Stuff in
Antiques, Help Wanted,
Autos, Real Estate,
Legal Notices, More...
ADAIR Band Nation holds annual Band Banquet at LWC
Click on headline for complete list of names and awards received and photo(s)
By Shamarie Claiborne
On May 14, 2013 the ADAIR Band Nation held their annual Band Banquet at the Lindsey Wilson College Crammer Dining Hall. The purpose of the banquet is to celebrate the accomplishments from the Marching Season and Concert Season as well as recognize outstanding students for individual excellence in different areas.
The Banquet also recognized the 2013 Senior Class as they were treated as honored guests. The closing activities centered on their heartfelt goodbyes before graduation. This year's senior class is a group of very gifted and dedicated students that include: Cole Beard, Tyler Bolin, Eli Coomer, Leslie Cowan, Kaitlyn Crawhorn, Sara Davis, Josh Epperson, Alison Feese, Jared Giles, Cody Herbst, Sarah Howard, Jordan Humpress, Hayley Knifley, Elizabeth Melton, Thomas Murrell, Jamika Payne, Kylie Rayburn, Noah Richard, Brittney Scott, Nick Tupman, and Paige Waddle.
Band Director Tom Case presided over the evening and delivered the following Individual Awards and Recognitions:
- Booster Officers recognized were outgoing President David Herbst and outgoing Vice-President Ron Melton. Their work ethic and dedication will be missed!
- Individuals recognized for their leadership were Eli Coomer, Sara Davis, Alison Feese, Cody Herbst, Elizabeth Melton, Jamika Payne, Nick Tupman, and Paige Waddle.
- The Most Improved Award recipients were Kylie Rayburn, Brittany Lee, Jordan Humphress, Cole Beard, Anna Murrell, Jessica Powell, Joseph McDowell, and Austin Wolford.
- All-State Concert Band members Jared Giles and Josh Epperson were recognized.
- All-District Concert members recognized at the high school level were Kylie Rayburn, Brittany Green, Brittany Lee, Ben Martin, Kieren Ussery, Kyndal Caldwell, Hayley Knifley, Jordan Humphress, Cole Beard, Sydney Bright, Bailey Harris, Anna Murrell, Brandon Breeding, Brittany Curry, Elizabeth Melton, Jamika Payne, Natalie Bryant, Sarah Beth Ferguson, Cody Herbst, Joseph McDowell, Thomas Murrell, Tyler Bolin, and Noah Richard. Members from the middle school level recognized were Austin Owens, Grant Cockerham, Jax Kemp, Jessica Powell, Lauren Talley, Sarah Brockman, Rickianne Rogers, Emily Miller, Hayley Morgan, Justin Butler, Nick Taylor, Savannah Starks, and Travis Hale.
- The evenings Outstanding Musician Award recipients were Leslie Cowan, Hayley Knifley, Sydney Bright, Bailey Harris, Cody Herbst, Josh Epperson, Tyler Bolin, and Jared Giles.
- The recipient of the Most Versatile Award was Brandon Breeding.
- The Legacy Award recipient was Thomas Murrell.
- The prestigious John Phillip Sousa Award was awarded to Jared Giles.
- Graduating Female Band Member with Highest GPA was awarded to Alison Feese.
- Graduating Male Band Member with Highest GPA was awarded to Noah Richard.
- The newly formed Don't Ever Give Up Award in honor of alumni Heather Vanarsdale was presented to alumni Shelby Robertson. Heather Vanarsdale was also given a plaque commemorating the award being established.
- The Junior Class was awarded their varsity letters in Band. The 2014 seniors will be Natalie Bryant, Jonathon Burbridge, Kimberlynn Carter, Kyle Castaneda, Chloe Cheng, Tessa DeWitt, Kate Durham, Sarah Beth Ferguson, Madison Grant, Deziree Kerekes, Nicole Loy, Joseph McDowell, Monica Phillips, and Ashley Simpson.
- Other individuals recognized during the evening for contributions during the 2012 Marching Band Season were Color Guard Captains Sarah Howard and Brittney Scott, Percussion Section Leaders Jared Giles and Noah Richard, and Drum Major Hayley Knifley.
- Assistant Director Jonathon Holmes recognized members of the 2013 Adair Jazz Band which included Cole Beard, Brandon Breeding, Natalie Bryant, Kyndal Caldwell, Josh Epperson, Sarah Beth Ferguson, Jared Giles, Cody Herbst, Jordan Humpress, Harrison Knifley, Hayley Knifley, Joseph McDowell, Elizabeth Melton, Jamika Payne, Harrison Rich, and Kenzie Rogers.
The evening closed with the 2013 Adair Band Seniors being called to attention and reciting the pride cheer for the very last time. - Shamarie Claiborne
This story was posted on 2013-05-16 16:18:46
Printable: this page is now automatically formatted for printing.
Have comments or corrections for this story? Use our contact form and let us know.
To sponsor news and features on ColumbiaMagazine, please use our contact form.