Dr. Ronald P. Rogers
Support for your body's natural healing capabilities
Click here for details
What's Going On
see ColumbiaMagazine'sEvents List
Columbia Gas Dept.
GAS LEAK or GAS SMELL
24 hrs/ 365 days
270-384-2006 or 9-1-1
Call before you dig
Directory of Churches
phone numbers and more
for churches in Adair County
Find Great Stuff in
Antiques, Help Wanted,
Autos, Real Estate,
Legal Notices, More...
Detailed 2011 Homecoming Schedule, Campbellsville University
By Linda Waggener
News from Campbellsville University
A full day of Homecoming Activities gets underway today, Saturday, October 15, 2011, beginning with a pancake breakfast in Winters Dining Hall and ending with a presention of the the play, "A Little Shop of Horrors," with Columbia's Rob Collins, (aka Patrick Bell in real life) in a starring role.
Among highlights of the day are a big Motorcycle Show, individual class get togethers, the Homecoming Parade down Main Street, a football game, and a reception for Adair County artist Cora Renfro.
The detailed schedule follows:
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2011
This story was posted on 2011-10-15 07:01:51
- 8:30am-10amET/7:30am-9amCT - Pancake Breakfast, Winters Dining Hall. 411 N. Columbia Avenue, Campbellsville, KY
- 9am-2pmET/8am-1pmCT - Homecoming Motorcycle/Car Show, Montgomery Library Lawn, 116 University Drive, Campbellsville, KY
- 9:30amET/8:30amCT - Motorcycle Ride, starts at Montgomery Library Lawn, 116 University Drive, Campbellsville, KY
- 9:30am-10:30amET/8:30-9:30amCT - Music with Matt Hodge in the Ransdell Chapel, 401 N. Hoskins Drive, Campbellsville, KY.
- 10am-2pmET/9am-1pmCT - Alumni Art Exhibit featuring Cora Cowherd Renfro ('69), Art Gallery, 205A University Drive, Campbellsville, KY.
- 10amET/9amCT - Open Houses - School of Nursing; Women's Village, Building "J", (behind Powell Athletics), Men's Resident Village, (behind the Baseball Field) and the Yellow House Welcome Center.
- 10am-1pmET/9am-NoonCT - Free Health Screenings, School of Nursing, 311 N. Columbia Avenue, Campbellsville, KY.
- 10am-1pmET/9am-NoonCT - Campus Tours/Transportation Assistance, Student Welcome Center.Those needing special assistance in transit to campus events can report to the Student Welcome Center, where staff will be present with golf carts on a first come/first served basis. Additionally, those who would like to take a tour of our beautiful campus can report to this location for golf cart transportation on a first come/first served basis.
- 10am-2pmET/9am-1pmCT - Main Stage Events and Alumni Registration, Student Activities Center, 106 University Drive, Courtyard. Enjoy music from CU student groups, special announcements, and register for special giveaways at the alumni registration tent.
- 11:30amET/10:30amCT - Homecoming Parade, Downtown Campbellsville If you have would like to have a entry in this year's parade, or simple have a question, contact Andrew Ward, director of Student Activities, at 270-789-5161 or email at email@example.com
- Noon-2pmET/11am-1pmCT - "Faculty Favorites" Tailgate, Stapp Lawn Enjoy refreshments and visit with your favorite professors from years past. Many professors plan to be in attendance, including current and retired long-time favorites such as Leo Weddle, Laura Weddle, Billie Sue Kibbons, Jerry Kibbons, Robert Doty, Noble Roberts, Frances Roberts, Don Bishop, Robert Clark, Mary Wilgus, Pat Cowherd, Debbie Carter, Darlene Eastridge, Stan McKinney, John Hurtgen, Robert Gaddis, Jim Moore, Nevalyn Moore and many more.
- Noon-2pmET/11am-1pmCT - School of Nursing Reunion, Stapp Lawn - If you are a Nursing Graduate or a Nursing Student, we invite you back to meet with some of your classmates and professors. Call Jennifer Richerson for information on participating in the Homecoming Parade by calling 789-5155.
- Noon-2pmET/11am-1pmCT - Class Reunions on Stapp Lawn in front of Stapp Hall, 102 University Drive, Campbellsville, KY. Join your former classmates for a time to fellowship and enjoy some refreshments compliments of the Office of Alumni Relations. Classes of 1966, 1971, 1976, 1981, 1986, 1991, 1996, 2001 and 2006, this event is especially for you. Remember what it was like to be a student while you attended Campbellsville University
- Noon-2pmET/11am-1pmCT - Homecoming Festival on Stapp Lawn After the parade and a little shopping downtown, stroll back to campus and spend some time fellowshipping with friends, new and old. There will be plenty of food, games and entertainment.
- Noon-2pmET/11am-1pmCT - Hardin/LaRue Chapter and Bluegrass Chapter Tailgates, Tiger Terrace Members of these chapters can enjoy games, food and fellowship, as well as the big game. Those interested in joining a chapter are also encouraged to attend. Contact 270-789-5216 for more information and to RSVP
- Noon-2pmET/11am-1pmCT - Carver School/Switch Club Reception on Stapp Lawn
- Noon-2pmET/11am-1pmCT - Sports Outreach, Tailgate Tiger Terrace
- 1:45pmET/12:45pmCT - University Chorale Pre-game Performance, Finley Stadium
- 2pmET/1pmCT - Homecoming Football Game, Finley Stadium, 204 Tiger Drive, Campbellsville, KY. Come see Coach Thomas's "DART", (Discipline, Attitude, Responsibility and Trust) Tiger Football team kick off against the Cumberlands. Contact the Office of Athletics at 270-789-5257 for ticket info.
- 7pmET/6pmCT -Little Shop of Horrors at Russ Mobley Theater, Campbellsville, KY
This year's Homecoming play performances at Campbellsville University are Thursday-Sunday, October 13-16, 2011, will be "Little Shop of Horrors" in the Russ Mobley Theater in the Alumni Building, 114 University Drive, Campbellsville, KY. Saturday, October 15 at 7pmET/6pmCT; and Sunday, October 16 at 3pmET/2pmCT.-LINDA WAGGENER.For all CU facilities addresses with Street and Number for Venues: See Facility Directory, Campbellsville University, Campbellsville, KY
this page is now automatically formatted for printing.
Have comments or corrections for this story?
Use our contact form
and let us know.
| Adair Countians at Reception for Columbia artist Cora Renfro|
2011-10-15 - Art Gallery, 205A University Drive, Campbellsville, KY - Photo by Linda Waggener. CU photo.
A reception is being held to honor Adair County Artist Cora Renfro center at Campbellsville University's Art Gallery. Renfro is the featured artist for todays Alumni Art Exhibit. With her, above, are, from left Adair Countians Bob and Wendy Burt, (Renfro), and Susan and Dwayne Loy. The reception, which started at 9amCT, continues until 1pmCT, today. Clicking Read More accesses Detailed Schedule of Homecoming Activities. -LINDA WAGGENER
Read More... | Comments? | Click here to share, print, or bookmark this photo.
More articles from topic News:
Only by Grace at Melson Ridge, October 30, 2011Travel: George Kolbenschlag photos from Fall in WestThe BIG EVENTS: Sparky's Concert, Columbia; CU Homecoming, Campbellsville, KYKFAC approves loan to Taylor Countian, othersLWC 2011 Homecoming Kickoff Celebration Oct. 16, 2011Mr. Charles Walter Hibbard, Taylor Co., KY (1921-2011)Congratulatons, Jordan Bryan, from Columbia, KY grandmotherJosh Anderson/Fields of Faith, at ACHS October 19, 2011Special called meeting, Columbia City Council, Oct. 17, 2011When people work out of town, they shop out of town
View even more articles in topic News
115 Jamestown St.
Get weather alerts for Adair County
Provided by the Adair Co Fiscal Court and the Adair Co. Emergency Mgt. Agency