Dr. Ronald P. Rogers
Support for your body's natural healing capabilities
Click here for details
Click here for information
GUN & PAWN
What's Going On
Columbia Gas Dept.
GAS LEAK or GAS SMELL
24 hrs/ 365 days
270-384-2006 or 9-1-1
Call before you dig
Directory of Churches
phone numbers and more
for churches in Adair County
Find Great Stuff in
Antiques, Help Wanted,
Autos, Real Estate,
Legal Notices, More...
On This Site
or Click Here
Adair County Fiscal Court recap of Aug 31, 2021 meeting
By Adair County Judge Executive Gale Cowan
The Adair County Fiscal Court met in regular session Tuesday afternoon. They began with some normal activity with approving minutes, budget amendment, and budget transfers.
Action Items on the agenda:
1. Tax Rates from each of the special purpose governmental entities (special taxing districts) were presented. The fiscal court does not approve these rates, they just have to be presented to the fiscal court.
2. Approved hiring Eric Vanarsdale as a full time road department employee.
3. Accepted a bid for a vehicle at the jail, to be purchased from the Jail Canteen Fund.
4. Approved an amendment to the Clerk's Budget and Maximum Salary Allotment to include raises for that office (same raise the other county employees got).
5. Sheriff Brockman addressed the court that his staff would also get the county raise, but his budget and allotment did not have to be adjusted since the funds left after losing a couple deputies resigning.
6. Old Glensfork Road Bridge project will be bid in the near future. The bridge needs to be replaced after the State lowered the tonnage on the bridge from 18 Ton to 3 Ton, which in turn prevents the school bus from being allowed to go over it. This is causing the bus to made a more dangerous turn and back track.
7. Vickie Pike and Clerk Lisa Greer addressed the court for the Adair County Board of Elections. Governor Beshear has set November 2, 2021 as the date for the special election to elected the 51st House District Representative vacated by the death of John Bam Carney. Board of Elections is having trouble getting poll workers. If anyone is interested in being a election poll worker, please call the Adair County Clerk's Office at 270-384-2801.
8. Approved the purchase of a tractor with boom mower from AG Revolution on state price contract.
This story was posted on 2021-09-01 12:24:34
Printable: this page is now automatically formatted for printing.
Have comments or corrections for this story? Use our contact form and let us know.
More articles from topic News:
Employment help offered at Regional KY Career Centers
LCDHD COVID-19 Public Information Brief 8-31-2021
Clearing skies today, high 80F
7-County Area Courts for Wed 1 Sep 2021
Discuss foster care system at virtual town hall meetings
TJRH cancels Bariatric Seminars until further notice
Welby Gibson to celebrate 94th birthday
Tommy Druen: A dash of family history
Record 2,198 Kentuckians hospitalized with COVID-19
Trust For Life announces 2021 Live to Save Lives concert
View even more articles in topic News
Bank of Columbia
The Best of
Local Stories of
The Greatest Generation
Order Book or e-Book
See who's celebrating
Birthdays and Anniversaries
Special Events List
Contact us: Columbia Magazine and columbiamagazine.com are published by D'Zine, Ltd., PO Box 906, Columbia, KY 42728.