Everything for Your Home's
Beauty, Comfort & Convenience 384-2123
704 Jamestown St, Columbia
Dr. Ronald P. Rogers
Support for your body's natural healing capabilities
Click here for details
Click here for information
Real Estate & Auction Co.
Duo County Telecom
Now Available Through
Your Cable Service!
GUN & PAWN
What's Going On
Info about the
Janice Holt Giles
and Henry Giles Society
Columbia Gas Dept.
GAS LEAK or GAS SMELL
24 hrs/ 365 days
270-384-2006 or 9-1-1
Call before you dig
Directory of Churches
phone numbers and more
for churches in Adair County
Find Great Stuff in
Antiques, Help Wanted,
Autos, Real Estate,
Legal Notices, More...
A Test: Do You Live In A Small Town?
This article first appeared in issue 11, and was written by Billy Joe Fudge.
1. Does your mayor carry his lunch to work in a brown paper bag
2. When asked for directions, does your reply involve either trees or barns?
3. Is the Dairy Queen your town's largest employer?
4. Was you wedding reception in the basement of the courthouse?
5. Do you drive more than 10 miles to find a new car dealer?
6. Does your widest street or road have a stop sign on it?
7. Does your town have more homes with front porches than patios?
8. Is your annual church Christmas play the highlight of your social calendar?
9. Are there more tractors in your 4th of July parade than floats?
10. Have you ever bragged to your kids about learning to swim in a creek?
5 or 6 yes answers indicate you do.
7 or 8 yes answers indicate you should have two vacations yearly.
9 or 10 yes answers indicate you should move.
This story was posted on 1997-01-15 12:01:01
Printable: this page is now automatically formatted for printing.
Have comments or corrections for this story? Use our contact form and let us know.
To sponsor news and features on ColumbiaMagazine, please use our contact form.
More articles from topic Articles from the Print Edition:
A "thank You" To Supporters
Radical Changes Unwanted, Survey Results Say
The Bypass Around Columbia, Kentucky: Why And Where?
Walking Tour Takes Shape-first Leg Outlined
Rejection Of Plant Leaving Is Painful
Milltown, Columbia On Collision Course
Introduction To Walking Tour Of Columbia
Volunteers Needed To Help Decorate Courthouse
View even more articles in topic Articles from the Print Edition
Bank of Columbia
If You're Thinking of Selling,
Let Us Do the Yelling
Principal Broker & Auctioneer
Burton Real Estate
& Auction Service
Call Us For Appraisals
Click for Listings
On This Site
or Click Here
The Best of
Local Stories of
The Greatest Generation
Order Book or e-Book
See who's celebrating
Birthdays and Anniversaries
Special Events List
ColumbiaMagazine.com content is available as an RSS/XML feed for your RSS reader or other news aggregator.
Contact us: Columbia Magazine and columbiamagazine.com are published by D'Zine, Ltd., PO Box 906, Columbia, KY 42728.