Dr. Ronald P. Rogers
Support for your body's natural healing capabilities
Click here for details
Click here for information
GUN & PAWN
What's Going On
Columbia Gas Dept.
GAS LEAK or GAS SMELL
24 hrs/ 365 days
270-384-2006 or 9-1-1
Call before you dig
Directory of Churches
phone numbers and more
for churches in Adair County
Find Great Stuff in
Antiques, Help Wanted,
Autos, Real Estate,
Legal Notices, More...
On This Site
or Click Here
Fiscal Court report from Judge Executive Gale Cowan
By Adair County Judge Executive Gale Cowan
Adair County Fiscal Court met Tuesday, May 11, 2021 in regular session. It was a long meeting but we covered a lot of important matters. All of the normal agenda items were discussed and approved such as the Sheriff, Road Department, Animal Shelter, and Jail reports. Action items discussed were a follows:
1. KACo Representative Kelly Harding attending the meeting to discuss the health insurance renewal for county employees. The past several years, the county has offered 3 policies for employees to choose from. It was decided to go with just one HRA plan this year, which is a better plan than any offered in the past. The Fiscal Court also agreed to increase the amount the court pays per employee from $380 per month to $590 per month per employee. This will only leave approximately $25 per month that will be paid by the employee. This is a huge win for our county employees. It's like getting a $210 per month raise.
2. Judge Cowan advised the court that after the lease payment is paid on the 20th of this month, the Jim Blair Community Center/Park property will be paid in full.
There have been numerous improvements to the park over the past couple years and more are being planned. It's great to go to the park and the parking lot be full of community members using the playground, walking the track, playing softball, and basketball. We are looking forward to additional improvements coming in the future.
3. The Fiscal Court approved first reading of the 2021-2022 budget totaling $10,644,499.97. The budget will now go to the Department for Local Government for review before final approval. Anyone wishing to view the budget may contact the Adair County Judge's Office.
4. Fiscal Court discussed once again a water pressure issue at the Class D/Restricted Custody Facility. They voted tonight to split the total cost of $24,444.74 equally with the Columbia Adair Co. Water District.
5. Approved a local Workforce Development Inter-local Cooperative Agreement with the Lake Cumberland Area Development District.
6. The Fiscal Court voted to allow Judge Cowan to sign necessary paperwork for 2023 Mitigation Plan update grant application with the Lake Cumberland Area Development District.
7. The Adair County Fiscal Court accepted a generous donation to the fiscal court tonight as well. The Adair County Extension Board has generously donated a surplus van to the Fiscal Court for Sheriff's Office use. This van will be a tremendous asset to the Sheriff's Department. Judge Cowan, Sheriff Brockman, and the entire Fiscal court would like to thank the members of the Adair County Extension District board for this donation.
At the end of the meeting, Judge Cowan addressed the court with an update on the Missing Money claim at the Adair County Regional Jail. Judge Cowan told the court she received a call from Kentucky Association of Counties (KACO) who carries the counties liability insurance last week. They will be issuing a check to the county in the amount of $150,000 which is the policy limit. This claim has been investigated and closed by both Kentucky State Police and the Commonwealth Attorney's Office.
The Adair County Fiscal Court meets twice a month, the second Tuesday of each Month at 6pmCT and also the last Tuesday of each month at 4pmCT. All meetings are currently being held at the Jim Blair Recreation Center and are open to the public.
This story was posted on 2021-05-13 07:50:16
Printable: this page is now automatically formatted for printing.
Have comments or corrections for this story? Use our contact form and let us know.
More articles from topic Local Government:
Mayor Pam Hoots reports to Columbia City Council
Regular Called Fiscal Court meeting
Zoning Board of Adjustment meets Thursday, 20 May
ACJE: Some roads closed due to flooding
Agenda for Columbia City Council meeting, Mon 3 May 2021
View even more articles in topic Local Government
Bank of Columbia
The Best of
Local Stories of
The Greatest Generation
Order Book or e-Book
See who's celebrating
Birthdays and Anniversaries
Special Events List
Contact us: Columbia Magazine and columbiamagazine.com are published by D'Zine, Ltd., PO Box 906, Columbia, KY 42728.