Please re-Elect Linda Waggener
Candidate for Columbia City Council
in the November 8th General Election
As a City Council member, I will:
- First, and always, remember that the money flowing through the City Budget comes directly from Your tax dollars and that You deserve to have input into how the money is invested. I will maintain an open door policy and welcome every opinion,
- Explore industrial prospects and grant opportunities toward recruiting more jobs and wealth to Columbia,
- Support law enforcement's efforts for increased safety in homes, businesses and schools, from drug sales and related crime,
- Work with tourism outreach, attracting outside dollars into Columbia's economy to avoid any need for increased taxes,
- Encourage leadership and civic involvement of all residents. I believe the moment another citizen gets involved, our town moves one more step in the right direction,
- Stand for the possibility of longer, higher-quality lives through continuous improvement in health care options, walking trails, sidewalks and parks.
Your support and vote in the November 8, 2016 General Election will be deeply appreciated.
Thank you for your consideration,
Linda Marcum Waggener
Please feel free to e-mail or give me a call at any time:
Linda Waggener grew up in Sulphur Well, Kentucky and graduated from Metcalfe County High School in Edmonton where she was a recognized writer and reporter. She worked at the local Edmonton Herald News during school in advertising, page design, photography, writing, managing subscriptions and newspaper delivery. She postponed college until later in life, eventually completing a Master's degree.
Her career has included work in newspaper, radio and television media, higher education and business marketing, always centering around a deep interest and her commitment to continuously improving communications across all areas, all people.
Achievement highlights include:
Publishing human interest magazines 'Linking the generations'
Building business/industry/schools partnerships as liaison for the local 'School To Work' Program
Writing for and being awarded a grant from the Kentucky Foundation for Women to publish rural women's life stories
Building a marketing foundation at NewLife Industries Somerset, Ky. a Christian company, helping fuel sales from $2 to $8 million
Building a marketing foundation for a rural health practice
Completing a Bachelor's Degree in communications
Completing a Master's in Teaching English to Speakers of other Languages
Publicly elected member of the Columbia City Council five consecutive terms
Board member of Columbia/Adair County Parks and Recreation
Board member of the Adair County Arts Council
Lifetime member of the Adair Heritage Association
Past board member on the Kentucky Long-Term Policy Research Center
Past board member on the Lake Cumberland Area Development District
She and her husband Ed Waggener live in Columbia, Kentucky. Their two sons, Pen and his wife Amy, and Tom and his wife Teresa, live in Shelbyville, Kentucky.
They have four grandchildren: Graham, Evan, Matilda and Hailey.