Back to All Obituaries
Thomas Reid Scott, 68, Cumberland County, KY, (1949-2017)
He was a self employed mechanic and of the Baptist faith. He was a native of Cumberland County, KY, a member of a respected family, the son of the late Thomas & Joyce Norris Scott. His wife Vickey Scott Cash, survives. He leaves six direct living descendants.
Click on headline for complete obituary
Reid Scott, age 68, of the Grider community, died Sunday, October 1, 2017, at The Medical Center in Albany, KY.
Funeral services will be Wednesday, October 4, 2017 at 11amCT, at McMurtrey Funeral Home, 2232 Summer Shade Road, Summer Shade, KY. Burial will follow in the Grider cemetery. Visitation will be 3pm-8pmCT, Tuesday, October 3, 2017, and on Wednesday, after 7amCT, until time of services.
Thomas Reid Scott, Grider community (1949-2017)
Born June 29, 1949 in Burkesville, Cumberland County, KY, he was a son of the late Thomas & Joyce Norris Scott. He died Sunday, October 1, 2017, in Albany, Clinton County, KY, at the age of 68 years, three months, and two days.
He was the husband of Vickey Cash Scott, who survives. They were married 41 years.
He was a self employed mechanic and of the Baptist faith.
Survivors, other than his wife, include:
He was preceded in death, besides his parents, by one daughter, Misty Michelle Scott; one brother, Frankie Scott; and one sister, Elizabeth Scott.
- One daughter: Ashley Scott, Campbellsville, KY
- One son: Thomas Reid Scott II, Burkesville, KY
- Five sisters: Carolyn Scott, Janet Scott, Linda Keen, Tammy Farlee, and Carol Cutshall, all of Burkesville, KY
- Four brothers: Dale Scott, Daryl Scott, David Scott, and Tommy Scott, all of Burkesville, KY
- And four grandchildren: Thomas Reid Scott III, Garrett Clayton Scott, Gannon Kade Scott, and Peyton Reece Scott
Send condolences to the family of Thomas Reid Scott
McMurtrey Funeral Home, 2232 Summer Shade Road, Summer Shade, KY, is in charge of arrangements.
This story was posted on 2017-10-01 14:19:10.
Email comments or corrections.