Everything for Your Home's
Beauty, Comfort & Convenience 384-2123
704 Jamestown St, Columbia
Dr. Ronald P. Rogers
Support for your body's natural healing capabilities
Click here for details
Click here for information
Real Estate & Auction Co.
Duo County Telecom
Now Available Through
Your Cable Service!
GUN & PAWN
What's Going On
Info about the
Janice Holt Giles
and Henry Giles Society
Columbia Gas Dept.
GAS LEAK or GAS SMELL
24 hrs/ 365 days
270-384-2006 or 9-1-1
Call before you dig
Directory of Churches
phone numbers and more
for churches in Adair County
Find Great Stuff in
Antiques, Help Wanted,
Autos, Real Estate,
Legal Notices, More...
LWC plans four public Christmas events in 2016
Theatre Department will present "Holiday Cabaret. Lindsey Wilson Band will hold "Winter Concert." Sixth Annual Christmas Carnival will be part of Christmas in Columbia. LWC Choral Ensembles, Commonwealth Musicians, and Campbellsville University Chorale, will present Messiah Sing-Along.
Click on headline for full story, details of performances
By Venus Popplewell
COLUMBIA, KY - The Lindsey Wilson College community will give area residents several opportunities to get into the Christmas spirit this year.
The college will sponsor four public events from December 1-8, 2016, that celebrate the Christmas season: a community concert, holiday cabaret, band concert and Christmas carnival.
- The Holiday Cabaret - The Christmas celebration gets underway December 1-2, 2016, with the "Holiday Cabaret," which will be performed by the LWC Theatre Program. A "Holiday Cabaret" will be presented at 7pmCT December 1 & 2, 2016, at V.P. Henry Auditorium, 210 Lindsey Wilson Street, Columbia, KY.
Billed as an evening of song, dance and holiday cheer, the "Holiday Cabaret" will be a bit like a TV special on stage, according to LWC Assistant Professor of Theatre Robert Brock.
The revue will include classic and modern Christmas songs, readings, monologues and other Christmas-inspired performances.
"We presented the "Holiday Cabaret" to the community last year, and it was a lot of fun," Brock said. "We look forward to bringing back this joyful evening of Christmas tradition and celebration."
Admission to the "Holiday Cabaret" is a nonperishable food item, which will be donated to the Adair County Food Pantry.
- The Lindsey Wilson Concert Band's "Winter Concert" will be at 7pmCT, Friday, December 2, 2016, at (originally at Biggers Sports Center, 360 Spickard Drive, Columbia, KY but changed due to scheduling conflict with athletics) at Columbia Christian Church, 206 Campbellsville Street, Columbia, KY, Under the direction of the Lindsey Wilson Director of Instrumental Ensembles Tim Allen, the concert is free and open to the public.
- The sixth-annual Christmas Carnival. will be from 1pm-4pmCT Saturday, December 3, 2016, in the Doris and Bob Holloway Health & Wellness Center, 399 Williams Street, Columbia, KY.
The Christmas Carnival -- which has the theme "Christmas in the Country" -- is free and open to the public. It will feature several activities for children, including cookie-decorating, storybook village, arts and crafts, face-painting, and inflatable playground equipment. Children will have an opportunity have a picture taken with Santa Claus from 1:30-3:30 p.m. CT. Local vendors will have craft items for sale.
- Messiah-Sing - The Lindsey Wilson College weeklong celebration of Christmas will conclude on December 7-8, 2016, with a "Messiah-Sing" presented 07 This free community performance invites audience members to sing along with selections from George Frederick Handel's masterful Messiah. The performances will take place at 7pmCT, Wednesday, December 7, 2016, at Columbia Baptist Church, 201 Greensburg Street, Columbia, KY, and again at 7pmCT/8pmET, Thursday, December 8, 2016, at Campbellsville First United Methodist Church, 317 E Main Street, Campbellsville, KY.
- Venus Popplewell, Director of Public Relations
This story was posted on 2016-11-29 20:59:09
Printable: this page is now automatically formatted for printing.
Have comments or corrections for this story? Use our contact form and let us know.
To sponsor news and features on ColumbiaMagazine, please use our contact form.