Everything for Your Home's
Beauty, Comfort & Convenience
704 Jamestown St, Columbia
Dr. Ronald P. Rogers
Support for your body's natural healing capabilities
Click here for details
Duo County Telecom
Now Available Through
Your Cable Service!
What's Going On
see ColumbiaMagazine'sEvents List
Columbia Gas Dept.
GAS LEAK or GAS SMELL
24 hrs/ 365 days
270-384-2006 or 9-1-1
Call before you dig
Directory of Churches
phone numbers and more
for churches in Adair County
Get weather alerts for Adair County
Provided by the Adair Co Fiscal Court and the Adair Co. Emergency Mgt. Agency
Find Great Stuff in
Antiques, Help Wanted,
Autos, Real Estate,
Legal Notices, More...
Farmers Mkt on the Square: Know Before You Go, Sep 27, 2014
The Farmers Market on the Square is open Saturdays through October 25, 2014, from 8am-1pmCT and Tuesdays 4:30pm-7pmCT, September 2 through October 25, 2014, at the Adair Annex Parking Lot, 424 Public Square, Columbia, KY. Click on headline for Know Before You Go + Photo(s)
By BARBARA ARMITAGE, FM2 Market Coordinator
& Ed Waggener, CM; and other contributors listed below.
ColumbiaMagazine.com (c) report. The fall weather is great this morning. Come on down. Here is the list of vendors confirmed:
It is an absolutely fabulous day for the Farmers Market and Fall Crops are abundant. Thanks to all the
This may not be all, folks. This news story is filled as vendors notify CM.
- Lisa and Jason Blackaby of Blackaby Hill Farm 270-535-5396 As the season is slowly coming to an end, we are introducing a new product. Blackaby Hill Farm has Goat Burger. BHF has been raising goats for four years now and in an attempt to value add to the breeding stock by offering the meat. In addition we will have Pork Chops, Chorizo, Bratwurst, and Chicken Parts. Hope to see y'all here! - Lisa Blackaby
- Barbara Armitage of Tucker's Station Farms 270-250-2979 - Jewish Apple Cake, Carrot Cake, Sumer Harvest Cake, Chocolate Zucchini Cake. Fresh baked artesian Breads - Parmesan Garlic Bread, Sour Dough, French, Sweet Onion, Cinnamon Swirl, Potato Bread. Homemade Blackberry Jams and Salsa’s. Roasted Garlic and Basil Marinara. Caprese Tomatoes. We are Super Sampling with Heavenly Homestead Cheese this Saturday! - Barbara Armitage
- Terry Huff of Heavenly Homestead Cheese 270-250-2979 - Jewish Apple Cake, Carrot Cake, Sumer Harvest Cake, Chocolate Zucchini Cake. Fresh baked artesian Breads - Parmesan Garlic Bread, Sour Dough, French, Sweet Onion, Cinnamon Swirl, Potato Bread. Homemade Blackberry Jams and Salsa’s. Roasted Garlic and Basil Marinara. Caprese Tomatoes. We are Super Sampling with Heavenly Homestead Cheese this Saturday! - Wayne Armitage, Cheese Master
- Darrell Bunnell of Coview Farm 270-384-5412 - Tomatoes. Yellow squash. Zucchini. Cherry tomatoes. Green peppers. Eggplant. Jade green Beans. Winter squash -Spaghetti. Buttercup. Hubbard. Acorn. Butternut. - Darrell Bunnell
- Caitlin Helm of Lonely Acre Farm 270-378-0576 - Zucchini Bread. Cranberry Carrot cake. Lemon bread. Orange Juice bread. Dried Tomato & Basil Focaccia. Jalapeno Cheese Bread. Shenandoah Valley Apple Cake W / Caramel Icing. New this week! CUSHAW CAKE! Stop in for a sample. Herbs. Parsley. Sage. Cilantro.
Hot peppers - Caitlin Helm
- Donna Jones of Big Black Dog Farm 270-634-2125 The Big Black Dog Farm will have Okra, Eggplant several kinds of Peppers. New fleece throws fall Placemats quilts and great Kentucky Honey. Also free bags of Iris courtesy of The Adair County Garden Club a small donation would be greatly appreciated but not necessary . --Donna Jones - Donna Jones
- Jeff Scott of Scott's Highland Orchards - Apples: Jonathan (sold out but I've called Antioch for her to bring more; if she's minding this morning we'll have more, d'rectly), Goldrush, and Spygold Apples - Jeff Scott
- Jana Esch of Just Natural Products 270-378-1375 - Free samples of my top selling Peppermint Soap, while they last. Also new Beeswax Melts scents. Also, check out the Sugar Scrub Soap, essential oils, lye soap, glycerin soap, Room Scents, Hair Soap, Pet Soap, Varmit Soap, Laundry Soap, and Natural All-purpose Cleaner. - Jana Esch
- Sandy Evert of S.T.E. Design 270-404-1793 - Custom jewelry. Beautiful Infinity Scarves. New Jewelry in pretty fall colors. - Sandy Evert
- Jay Cox - J&A BBQ - Barbecued Sandwiches, Soft Drinks, and more.
The Farmer’s Market on the Square brings you only the best Kentucky farmers, gardeners, crafters, artisans and musicians have to offer. For information on becoming a Farmer’s Market on the Square vendor contact Barbara Armitage, Market Coordinator, at 270-250-2979 or Tuckers.Sation@gmail.com For information on being a Friends of the Farmer’s Market volunteer contact Beth Rutherford at 270-384-1202 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to be highlighted as a featured entertainer on a future Saturday, please contact Jana Esch, Entertainment Coordinator, Farmers Market on the Square. Phone 270-378-1375 We’re on the way to everywhere – stop by and visit with us soon.
This story was posted on 2014-09-27 08:01:20
this page is now automatically formatted for printing.
Have comments or corrections for this story?
Use our contact form
and let us know.
To sponsor news and features on ColumbiaMagazine, please use our contact form.
At FM2 - Infinity scarves|
2014-09-27 - FM2/Adair Annex parking lot, 424 Public Square - Photo by Barbara Armitage, Market Coordinator.. Infinity Scarves are featured items at Sandy Evert's place at Farmers Market on the Square this morning. Above, from left, Carter White and dad, Joey White, Sandy Evert, and Jeff Scott, impovising some serious modeling on an improvised runway at the Adair County Annex Parking lot. All are holding on to their day jobs, but who knows when an Agent might spot a star. Next thing you know, Jeff Scott may be on national Tv, eating an an Apple in nothing but his Hanes. The Farmers Market on the Square is in progress today, Sat 27 Sep 2014, from 8am-1pmCT.
Read More... | Comments? | Click here to share, print, or bookmark this photo.