Everything for Your Home's
Beauty, Comfort & Convenience
704 Jamestown St, Columbia
Dr. Ronald P. Rogers
Support for your body's natural healing capabilities
Click here for details
Duo County Telecom
Now Available Through
Your Cable Service!
What's Going On
see ColumbiaMagazine'sEvents List
Columbia Gas Dept.
GAS LEAK or GAS SMELL
24 hrs/ 365 days
270-384-2006 or 9-1-1
Call before you dig
Directory of Churches
phone numbers and more
for churches in Adair County
Get weather alerts for Adair County
Provided by the Adair Co Fiscal Court and the Adair Co. Emergency Mgt. Agency
Find Great Stuff in
Antiques, Help Wanted,
Autos, Real Estate,
Legal Notices, More...
Farmer's Market on the Square: Biggest yet! Sat., July 6, 2013
The Farmer's Market on the Square, open 8am-12pm noon CT, Saturday, July 6, 2013, at the Adair Annex Parking Lot, 424 Public Square, Columbia, KY
BULLETIN: Ken mooney has farm fresh eggs at the market this rainy morning!
By Barbara Armitage, Market Coordinator
The weather report doesn't look good for Saturday morning but the farmer's market will open as planned. And, on the Square, you're never more than a few yards away from places to duck in out of the weather, to get a bit to eat, or go to a rest area. With the meat market, and with all the garden and fruit crops coming in, we're almost a one-stop shopping area this Saturday.
Special Guests at the Market this week:
- Appalachian Research and Defense Fund of Kentucky - AppalReD staff members will be available to discuss an upcoming free Tax Lien Clinic which will be held 3pm-6-pmCT, Wednesday, July 24, 2013, at the Courthouse Annex AppalReD Legal Aid, partnered with the Adair County Attorney, is offering a free clinic for Adair County citizens. Citizens can learn how to work with the County Attorney and arrange payment plans for delinquent property taxes, consult with an attorney about past property taxes which have been sold to third party investors, learn how to apply for a homestead or disability exemption, and learn about other available legal services in the area.
- Chris Anderson - Will sing traditional and contemporary gospel music.
Here's some of what you can expect at the Farmer's Market on the Square for Saturday, July 6, 2013:
For more information on how to be a part of this exciting new market contact Barbara Armitage at 270-250-2979. The Farmer's Market is open Saturday 8am-12noon CT. We're on the way to everywhere - stop by and visit with us soon. - Barbara Armitage
This story was posted on 2013-07-05 19:42:43
- Terry Huff of Heavenly Homestead Cheese 270-250-2979 - Hand crafted whole milk natural cheeses. This week's cheeses are Cheddar, Aged Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Tomato and Basil, Colby, Havarti and Gouda. Sampling this week Cheddar.
- Barbara Armitage of Tucker's Station Farms 270-250-2979 - Blueberries, sweet onions, tomatoes, fresh baked artisan Breads, Carrot cake and NEW Chocolate Zucchini Cake - stop by for a sample. Blackberry plants, cold hardy Banana trees, Giant Elephant Ears and more...
- Melinda Vetter of Artisan Bath and Body 270-864-2892 - Natural ingredient soaps and products to pamper yourself. New Citronella and Comfry bars and scents for men!.
- Dale Whittingham of Dales Miniatures 270-378-4859 - Hand crafted miniature barns, houses, historical buildings. Special orders taken to reproduce your home..
- Jana Esch of Just Natural Products 270-378-1375 - All natural hand crafted skin care products and soaps. Beeswax candles, room scents and natural household cleaners..
- Monica Thomas and Sandy Futch of Sinderella Sisters 270-932-6498 - Honeysuckle and Grapevine Wreaths. Unique handcrafted Jewelry including Steam Punk and Hardware, Louisiana Cypress Bird Feeders, Walking Sticks from the Falls of the Ohio, Original Art and more.
- Danny and Debbie Burris of D&D Longview Angus 270-250-3701 - Blackberries, Blueberries, Raspberries and the never hear of before Japanese Wine Berry. Red and green cabbage, potatoes, crook neck squash, cucumbers and more. Featuring crafts by 15 year old Evelyn Moore.
- Ken Mooney 270-250-3701 - Green beans, red ripe tomatoes as well as green tomatoes, red and white Potatoes, Cabbage, Cucumbers, Summer Squash and Zucchini.
- Mike Myers of M&W Milling - Locally raised Beef and Pork. Sirloin, Rib Eye, T-Bone, New York Strip and Filets. Stock up on Sausage to start you day off right in three flavors, mild, hot and mild with extra sage.
- Cynthia Hancock of CindyBow's - Decorative Hair bows, flower clips headbands and accessories. Crochet Pot Holders and Dishcloths..
- Sandy Evert of S.T.E. Design 270-404-1793 - Handcrafted Jewelry, knitted and crocheted headbands and more..
- Darrell Bunnel of Coview Farm 270-384-5412 - Blueberries, vine ripe tomatoes, green onions, cucumbers, green beans, new potatoes and more. New this week Kohlrabi and fresh Farm Raised Chicken! There's still a few bedding plants for your vegetable flower and herb garden.
- Caitlin Helm of Lonely Acre Farm 270-634-8207 - Fresh baked white and wheat bread, delishious sweet breads, Amish Friendship Bread and Orange Juice Pound Cake. Stop in for a free sample..
- Donna Jones of Jones Honey 270-634-2125 - Kentucky Honey Now with Honey Combs!.
- Pam Spires of Pam's Primitives 270-384-5602 - Handcrafted primitive crafts for your home.
this page is now automatically formatted for printing.
Have comments or corrections for this story?
Use our contact form
and let us know.
To sponsor news and features on ColumbiaMagazine, please use our contact form.
Farmer's Market on the Square offering fresh veggies and berries and more|
2013-07-06 - Adair Annex Parking lot, 424 Public Square, Columibia, KY - Photo by Linda Waggener. If you can brave the rain this morning you'll discover now ripe tomatoes planted in March, grown in "high tunnels" in Adair County soil, along with cucumbers and more. These are from Darrell Bunnell's Coview Farms, Coburg, KY. Clicking ReadMore accesses the list of vendors who planned to be at the FM2 today.
Read More... | Comments? | Click here to share, print, or bookmark this photo.