Everything for Your Home's
Beauty, Comfort & Convenience
704 Jamestown St, Columbia
Dr. Ronald P. Rogers
Support for your body's natural healing capabilities
Click here for details
Duo County Telecom
Now Available Through
Your Cable Service!
What's Going On
see ColumbiaMagazine'sEvents List
Columbia Gas Dept.
GAS LEAK or GAS SMELL
24 hrs/ 365 days
270-384-2006 or 9-1-1
Call before you dig
Directory of Churches
phone numbers and more
for churches in Adair County
(Ad) Farmer's Market on the Square, Saturday, June 29, 2013
Berries!!! Blackberries, Blueberries, Raspberries even Gradyville Gooseberries this morning!
The Farmer's Market on the Square, open 8am-12pm noon CT, Saturday, June 22, 2013, at the Adair Annex Parking Lot, 424 Public Square, Columbia, KY. Special Guest at the Market this week: Amedisys Home Health: Beverly Curry RN, Patient Advocate, free blood pressure checks.
Click on headline to complete story
By Barbara Armitage
Farmer's Market on the Square market coordinator. 270-250-2979
It's a really exciting day for us and our customers this week, the more of everything - including four new vendors! Berries are in. Tomatoes are in. We've got farm fresh, Adair County raised beef and pork just in time for July 4th grilling and to fill your freezers - salad fixings, and just about every summer vegetable you could want! Downtown has it all today. A place to shop and plan meals. Places to sit in the shade or under a canopy and just talk. Plenty of Parking. Flowers. The Fountain. Flags to remind us of the Fourth. And two sincere restaurants within a block. Places to rest and ample open restrooms. And who knows what impromptu entertainment will add to the excitement.
Here's some of what you can expect at the Farmer's Market on the Square for Saturday, June 21, 2013:
New to the market this week we welcome:
For more information on how to be a part of this exciting new market contact Barbara Armitage at 270-250-2979. The Farmer's Market is open Saturday 8am-12noon CT. We're on the way to everywhere - stop by and visit with us soon. - BARBARA ARMITAGE, Market Coordinator, 270-250-2979.
This story was posted on 2013-06-29 03:48:32
- Danny & Debbie Burris of D&D Longview Angus - 270-250-3701 - Blackberries, Blueberries, Raspberries. Red and green cabbage, potatoes, crook neck squash and cucumbers
- Joe Moore, Columbia, KY - Slingshots. Blue Bird Houses.
- Ken Mooney - 270-250-3701 - First of the Season Green Beans, red ripe tomatoes as well as green tomatoes, red and white Potatoes, Cabbage, Cucumbers, Summer Squash and Zucchini
- Chris Anderson of Sweet Bee - 270-634-1544 - Hand dipped Mayfield Ice Cream and more.
- Mike Myers of M&W Milling - Locally raised Beef and Pork. Get your 4th of July steaks, Sirloin, Rib Eye, T-Bone, New York Strip and Filets. Stock up on Sausage to start you day off right in three flavors, mild, hot and mild with extra sage.
And regular vendors with new products and produce you've come to expect
- Cynthia Hancock of Cindy's Bow's - Decorative Hair bows, flower clips headbands and accessories. New this week: Crochet Pot Holders and Dishcloths.
- Darrell Bunnell of Coview Farm 270-384-5412 -
- Caitlin Helm of Lonely Acre Farm 270-634-8207 - Fresh baked white and wheat bread, delishious sweet breads.
- Terry Huff of Heavenly Homestead Cheese 270-250-2979 - Hand crafted whole milk natural cheeses. This week's cheeses are Cheddar, Smokehouse, Monterey Jack, Garlic and Herb, Colby, Havarti. Sampling this week Cheddar.
- Barbara Armitage of Tucker's Station Farms 270-250-2979 - Blueberries, onions, fresh baked artisan Breads and Carrot cake. Blackberry, cold hardy Banana trees, Giant Elephant Ears and more.
- Melinda Vetter of Artisan Bath and Body 270-864-2892 - Natural ingredient soaps and products to pamper yourself. 20% of all profits donated to local women's charities.
- Dale Whittingham of Dales Miniatures 270-378-4859 - Hand crafted miniature barns, houses, historical buildings. Special orders taken to reproduce your home.
- Jana Esch of Just Natural Products 270-378-1375 - All natural hand crafted skin care products and soaps. Beeswax candles, room scents and natural household cleaners.
- Monica Thomas and Sandy Futch of Sinderella Sisters 270-932-6498 - Unique handcrafted Jewelry including Steam Punk and Hardware, Honeysuckle Hanging Baskets. Louisiana Cypress Bird Feeders, Walking Sticks from the Falls of the Ohio, Original Art and more.
this page is now automatically formatted for printing.
Have comments or corrections for this story?
Use our contact form
and let us know.
To sponsor news and features on ColumbiaMagazine, please use our contact form.
(Ad) Locally grown blackberries in this cobbler|
2013-06-29 - 104 Public Square, Columbia, KY - Photo - CM Staff photo. Farmer's Market on the Square offers fresh berries today. It's great when our vendors' products make it onto menus at local restaurants. This blackberry cobbler at TaP's is made with Gradyville blackberries, gathered by Danny and Debbie Burris, who will be at the Farmer's Market on the Square this morning with blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries. Tucker's Station Farms will offer blueberries and blackberries this morning. And Darrell Bunnell of Coview Farms, will have blueberries. Restaurants are encouraged to shop the Farmer's Market on the Square, too. We appreciate everyone, especially restaurants, who promote the great Tastes of Adair County. - Farmer's Market on the Square. Open today 8am-12pm CT, Adair Annex, 424 Public Square, Columbia, KY
Read More... | Comments? | Click here to share, print, or bookmark this photo.