ColumbiaMagazine.com
Printed from:

Welcome to Columbia Magazine  
 

























 
Old pictures, Greensburg, KY album - from Lanny Tucker

CM has linked a photo album of old Greensburg, KY photos from the collection of historian Lanny Tucker, Greensburg, KY, and submitted by his sister, Jelaine T. Harlow, Columbia, KY for easy viewing of this series, which now includes a scene from the downtown square, the old jail, and the old Greensburg High School.

Click on headline to view all in one scroll



This story was posted on 2012-07-15 08:32:57
Printable: this page is now automatically formatted for printing.
Have comments or corrections for this story? Use our contact form and let us know.


To sponsor news and features on ColumbiaMagazine, please use our contact form.

Historic Greensburg, KY - Gathering on the Square, ca 1900



2012-07-10 - Greensburg, Green Co., KY - Photo from the Lanny Tucker collection.
The Greensburg Square, thought to be approximately 1900. The view is looking east. The Old Courthouse is on the right, and what is now the Forcht Bank is in the rear center. The event is unknown. Note the telegraph poles, and on the left men are lined at what appears to be a long plank table, or bar. Lanny Tucker, submitted by his sister, Jelaine Harlow

Read More... | Comments? | Click here to share, print, or bookmark this photo.



Favorite Old Photo: Old Greensburg, KY jail



2012-07-15 - Greensburg, KY - Photo from collection of Lanny Tucker.
The Greensburg Jail in the early 1900's, complete with upstairs prisoners. The building is constructed of the same type limestone as the Old Courthouse in Greensburg,, and stood on the corner of West Court Street and First Street. The jail was torn down in the 1920's to make room for a new courthouse which still stands, across from the Justice Center. Lanny Tucker; submitted by Jelaine T. Harlow

Read More... | Comments? | Click here to share, print, or bookmark this photo.



Favorite Old Photo: Old Greensburg, KY school



2012-07-15 - Greensburg, KY - Photo from collection of Lanny Tucker.
The Greensburg School, circa 1930. The wing nearest Durham Street is void of windows, tracks are in the street, and the school grounds are fenced in. The Green County Intermediate School now stands on the site. Lanny Tucker, submitted by Jelaine T. Harlow

Read More... | Comments? | Click here to share, print, or bookmark this photo.



 





















 
 
Quick Links to Popular Features


 

ColumbiaMagazine.com content is available as an RSS/XML feed for your RSS reader or other news aggregator.
Use the following link: http://www.columbiamagazine.com/columbiamagazinerss.php.

Contact us: Columbia Magazine and columbiamagazine.com are published by D'Zine, Ltd., PO Box 906, Columbia, KY 42728.
Phone: 270-250-2730 Fax: 270-751-0401


Please use our contact page, or send questions about technical issues with this site to webmaster@columbiamagazine.com. All logos and trademarks used on this site are property of their respective owners. All comments remain the property and responsibility of their posters, all articles and photos remain the property of their creators, and all the rest is copyright 1995-Present by Columbia! Magazine and D'Zine, Ltd. Privacy policy: use of this site requires no sharing of information. Voluntarily shared information may be published and made available to the public on this site and/or stored electronically. Anonymous submissions will be subject to additional verification. Cookies are not required to use our site. However, if you have cookies enabled in your web browser, some of our advertisers may use cookies for interest-based advertising across multiple domains. For more information about third-party advertising, visit the NAI web privacy site.