Dr. Ronald P. Rogers
Support for your body's natural healing capabilities
Click here for details
Click here for information
GUN & PAWN
What's Going On
Columbia Gas Dept.
GAS LEAK or GAS SMELL
24 hrs/ 365 days
270-384-2006 or 9-1-1
Call before you dig
Directory of Churches
phone numbers and more
for churches in Adair County
Find Great Stuff in
Antiques, Help Wanted,
Autos, Real Estate,
Legal Notices, More...
On This Site
or Click Here
Contest for GR Lake Shore Cleanup gets underway
To enter: sign a form, take two pictures of yourself in action, email or text them with your details.
This year has not been a typical year! Due to the current situation, we have decided to take our Annual Green River Lake Shore Cleanup VIRTUAL.
Here's How It Will Work:
1. Virtual Cleanup will run through September 30, 2021.
2. All volunteers will need to sign a volunteer form. Filled out forms may be emailed, mailed, sent on our Facebook page or may be signed directly at one of the supply stations listed below. Each volunteer has to have a signed form submitted with their first entry (or before) for their bags of trash to count.
3. Inside the main Visitor Center alcove, there will be a table setup with supplies and forms. These items will be available 7 days a week from 7:30am to 5pmET. Supply stations will also be available at Holmes Bend Campground, Pikes Ridge Campground and the State Park Store.
4. The volunteer should take two pictures of themselves: 1. at the lake picking up trash along the shoreline, and 2. when the volunteer disposes of the trash bag in a trash receptacle. Dumpsters will be available at the Corps Maintenance Shop, Smith Ridge Campground, Holmes Bend Campground, Pikes Ridge Campground and the State Park to use by volunteers if desired.
5. The two pictures must then be sent to the Corps by one of these ways:
- email to Park Ranger Andrea Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org
- text to 270-925-2879
- mail to 544 Lake Rd. Campbellsville 42718 Atten. Andrea Davis
- sent to the GRL Facebook page
- posted to Facebook with hashtag #grlvirtualcleanup
6. When sending in the photos, volunteers will need to make sure they include their name, phone number and how many hours were spent picking up trash. Photos will only be accepted until 11:59pmET on September 30, 2021.
7. For every full trash bag of litter that the volunteer picks up during the 30 day period and submits the required photos and information, they will be entered into the Virtual Lake Shore Cleanup prize raffle.
8. The raffle will be streamed live on Facebook on October 1, 2021. The winner will be contacted and arrangements made to pickup their prize.
This story was posted on 2021-09-04 07:31:29
Printable: this page is now automatically formatted for printing.
Have comments or corrections for this story? Use our contact form and let us know.
More articles from topic News:
Phillip Coffey - New Reality
Revisit Knifley Tractor Show
Check for recalls in preparation for Labor Day Travel
Adoption and what it meant to Missy
Taylor Chamber cancels September luncheon
Emergency preparedness a focus in September
Sixth annual book fair planned in Columbia
COVID-19 Update: don't wait, isolate
Mostly sunny Friday, high 82F
7-County Area Courts for Fri 3 Sep 2021
View even more articles in topic News
Bank of Columbia
The Best of
Local Stories of
The Greatest Generation
Order Book or e-Book
See who's celebrating
Birthdays and Anniversaries
Special Events List
Contact us: Columbia Magazine and columbiamagazine.com are published by D'Zine, Ltd., PO Box 906, Columbia, KY 42728.