Printed from:

Welcome to Columbia Magazine  

Discovery - they are Jack-o-lantern mushrooms

Beautiful orange fungi from Mt. Carmel - turns out these are Jack-o-lantern mushrooms, not edible...

By Larry Clark

I did a bit of research, and while not deadly, these mushrooms are noxious. If eaten they will cause gastrointestinal upset. So they are not edible.

Like so many of earth's plants, these mushrooms have shown promise in fighting some cancers. One being pancreatic cancer. Have a wonderful day.

This story was posted on 2020-09-04 08:35:40
Printable: this page is now automatically formatted for printing.
Have comments or corrections for this story? Use our contact form and let us know.


Quick Links to Popular Features

Looking for a story or picture?
Try our Photo Archive or our Stories Archive for all the information that's appeared on


Contact us: Columbia Magazine and are published by D'Zine, Ltd., PO Box 906, Columbia, KY 42728.
Phone: 270.403.0017

Please use our contact page, or send questions about technical issues with this site to All logos and trademarks used on this site are property of their respective owners. All comments remain the property and responsibility of their posters, all articles and photos remain the property of their creators, and all the rest is copyright 1995-Present by Columbia! Magazine and D'Zine, Ltd. Privacy policy: use of this site requires no sharing of information. Voluntarily shared information may be published and made available to the public on this site and/or stored electronically. Anonymous submissions will be subject to additional verification. Cookies are not required to use our site. However, if you have cookies enabled in your web browser, some of our advertisers may use cookies for interest-based advertising across multiple domains. For more information about third-party advertising, visit the NAI web privacy site.