ColumbiaMagazine.com Printable Ad
JOB OPEN: BROWN & BROWN, COLUMBIA, KY -- Accounting Assistant
Brown & Brown is a unique and decentralized publicly traded organization (NYSE: BRO) that has grown to become the sixth largest insurance intermediary in the country. We sell property & casualty insurance and employee benefits insurance to mid-sized and large corporations throughout the country. Our size provides us with access to the best products in the marketplace, while still maintaining a very local community feel. Through growing and developing relationships with carrier partners and expert resources, Brown & Brown stands out as a leader in the industry. As our business grows, our people grow with it!
Becoming an employee, or as we like to call it "a teammate," of Brown & Brown introduces you to a career with virtually unlimited possibilities. Our unique corporate culture rewards self-starters and hard workers who adhere to our commitment to do what is best for our clients. With Brown & Brown you will get the training, the mentoring and the tools you need to succeed. Our teammates are bound together by shared goals and our collective commitment to integrity and quality. Brown & Brown's local leaders are actively engaged in their communities and committed to maintaining an established network, as well as creating strong relationships of their own.
Brown & Brown of Kentucky is seeking an Accounting Assistant to join their team in Columbia, KY. The Accounting Assistant will support the Accounting Leader and Profit Center Leader with daily accounting functions ranging from cash receipt entry and vendor payables to insurance company payables, reconciliations, and direct bill commission tracking. This position plays a vital role in revenue recognition and cost control.
- Accurate daily cash receipts entry
- Vendor payables and expense tracking
- Direct bill commission reconciliation and transacting
- Agency bill research and reconciliation
- Client receivable balance review
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma required
- Accounting degree preferred
- Experience 1-3 years minimum
- Must have experience with bookkeeping/accounting and general office functions
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and capable of finishing projects timely and accurately
- Experience with insurance company payables greatly preferred
To apply, visit the link below and click "Apply Now"
(Ad ID:16525 | Updates or Corrections | Return to All Classifieds | return to ColumbiaMagazine.com)